Friday, April 12, 2013

White Cheddar and Fig Grilled Cheese

I'm pretty much in love with grilled cheese sandwiches.  There are so many different ways to eat a grilled cheese.  I often find myself driving in my car or vacuuming my house, thinking of different variations of this classic sandwich (I do the same with burgers and pizza).  For me, the options seem endless and delicious!


White Cheddar and Fig Grilled Cheese

Sourdough bread, sliced
White cheddar, grated
Fig jam
Baby Arugula
Balsamic Reduction
Butter, softened

Balsamic Reduction

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

In a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vinegar has thickened and is syrupy.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Assemble sandwich:  Heat skillet over medium heat.  Spread fig jam on one slice of bread.  Top the other slice of bread with grated white cheddar followed by baby arugula and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.  Top the arugula side of the sandwich with the fig side to make a sandwich.  Butter both sides of the sandwich and grill until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melty goodness.

4 comments:

  1. i had this at Beecher's this week and it was delicious. i want to make it at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try making one at home. So easy and so yummy! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. lol I'm always thinking about pizza combinations, too! Looks good, its perfect for grilled cheese month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I had a chance to look at your blog and I can't wait to try some of your recipes!

      Delete