Friday, March 22, 2013

Crunch Kale and Green Apple Salad

Yesterday my good friend and neighbor called to see if I had any tahini that she could borrow for a salad dressing she was making.  Almost as quick as she had come to get the tahini, her little Elle was back on my doorstep with my tahini and a crazy good salad in hand (I have the best neighbors).  The remainder of the day and into the following morning, I couldn't get that salad out of my head.  I was craving it!  I had to have it and so I did, for lunch (and dinner too). 



Crunchy Kale and Green Apple Salad

4 cups kale, washed, trimmed, and shredded (I used baby kale)
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 Granny Smith apples, julienned
1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup raisins

In a large bowl combine kale, red cabbage, green cabbage, apple, almonds, and raisins.  Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.  Serve.

Maple Orange Tahini Dressing

2 oranges, juice of (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons tahini
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup olive oil
Lemon juice to taste

Combine the orange juice, maple syrup, tahini, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and whisk together.  Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream constantly whisking.  Add lemon juice to taste.  Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.

I halved this recipe and ate it for lunch and dinner and finished it off.

Recipe slightly adapted from Use Real Butter

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it’s quite inspiring I should admit.I like visiting your site since I always come across interesting articles like this one Thanksgiving Outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post was so awesome, Thanks for sharing. I am looking for the best Slim fit leather jackets, please let me know if anyone knows about it. Black Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing this quality informational content. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. If you want about app development bangalore.

    ReplyDelete